Registration Rules and Regulations Governing The Ghana Card
Rules and Regulations For Ghana Card. Every Ghanaian citizen living within the country and abroad has the right to be in the National Identification System and citizens who are 15 years and above are entitled to be issued with a national ID card, as required by the law, to provide added convenience and ease when conducting with public sector institutions, civil society organizations and private sector businesses.
Several articles have been published relating to the Ghana card on how to register online, the mass registration that caused the website to go down by NIA officials themselves, and some of the questions to prepare for when going for your Ghana Card by Ernest Connect in collaboration with ICT Catalogue.
Here are the Registration Rules and Regulations Governing The Ghana Card to know.
- All Ghanaians(living at home and abroad)
- All persons that hold Ghanaian citizenship in addition to citizenship of any other foreign country( dual citizen)
- Registration covers all persons aged 6 years and above
At the registration process, it is required that an individual provides such personal information as Name,Date and Place of Birth, Address (permanent, residential, employment, etc.). The fingerprints and photographs would be taken and any other personal details that may be required.
Information about parents such as their Names, Mother’s Maiden Name, Local and Permanent Address, Date and place of birth, would be requested.
First time applicants
- An applicant has to appear in person
- Original/Copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Or Ghanaian Identity Card of either parent of the applicant or copy of Ghanaian Passport of either parent (where applicable)
- Original/Copy of Naturalization Certificate
Other Information Required for Registration
Every applicant will be expected to provide among others the following:
- Complete personal information on themselves
- Residential address
- The following information would also be required from those who have them ;
a. SSNIT registration number c. Driving license number
b. Driving license number d. Voter ID card number
e. Baptismal certificate
As found on NIA’s website, these are the basic rules to follow for the Ghana Card registration in the country.