The global pandemic coronavirus brought about the rapid advancement in technology, and how we use its tools in our everyday life — making the world to adapt to the internet lifestyles.
Since the pandemic coronavirus brought lockdown to many nations, people were now coping with how to make use of technology and the internet – to buy and sell online from the comfort of their homes.
Everybody moves to digital, and banks also adapted the advancement of Financial Technology in the banking industry, to serve their customers to their satisfactions. With this, you can sit at home and withdraw money from your bank account to your Mobile money wallet conveniently.
You can also deposit money into your bank account from your Mobile Money account; MTN Mobile Money, AirtelTigo Money, Vodafone Cash, Glo Money, Zeepay Mobile Mobile Money, GCB G-Money and more.
This article guide shall walk you through the basic steps on how to open a UBA account on your mobile phone easily in 2022.
Types Of Accounts Available at UBA
There are over five (5) types of accounts that are available at the United Bank for Africa (UBA). These accounts ae; student, self-employed, diaspora. professional, mass retail, and business. With all these accounts available for you to open any, these are grouped into two (2).
The main two (2) categories that accounts are grouped are; Savings and Business accounts.
How To Open A UBA Account On Your Phone
This is the guide for 2022 to be able to open a bank account on your phone from UBA.
I shall give you the two (2) methods you can use to open your bank account today.
How to Open A UBA Account On Your Phone Using the Web
- Open a web browser on your phone and visit www.ubagroup.com/open-a-uba-account-online/
- Click on OPEN ACCOUNT or OPEN A CURRENT ACCOUNT under the type of account you want to create (Savings Account or Business Account respectively)
- On the welcome page, choose your country of residence and click Submit afterward
- Enter your name, gender, phone number, date of birth, email address, address, in the spaces provided
- Under Select a branch, choose a UBA branch that is closer to where you stay
- Upload your passport-sized photo, signature, and proof of residence in the spaces provided
- Afterward, tap on I agree to the terms and conditions and then Submit
- Upon successful completion, a congratulations message will be shown on the next page with your account name and account number
Now, we are done with the first method on how to open a UBA bank account on our phone. Let us take a look into the second method below.
How To Open a UBA Account on Your Phone Using Messenger or WhatsApp
So, with this method on how to open a bank account on your phone using Messenger or WhatsApp from UBA, you are going to need the assistance of Leo. Leo is a digital assistant to all UBA customers.
- To open a UBA bank account on your phone, Send Hi to Leo via WhatsApp (+233577822822) or Messenger (search for UBA ChatBanking)
- Select option B (Account Opening)
- Provide your first and last name against the question, What is your first name? and What is your last name?
- Enter your date of birth in the format DD/MM/YYYY
- Select your gender using A (Female) or B (Male)
- After the next question, enter your physical address (to receive communication materials from UBA)
- Enter your email address or type skip if you don’t have
- Upload your passport photograph
- Choose the letter next to the type of account you want to open
- Enter the City or street name close to the nearest UBA branch
- Type the letter next to the UBA branch nearest to you
- Finally, download and read the terms and conditions for Account opening. If you agree with the terms, type Yes or No otherwise
Now, you are done with opening your bank account with the assistance from Leo. There will be a congratulations message sent to you with your account number and the next steps.
There has never been a day we imagined of opening a bank account on our phones. Thanks to rapid advancement of technology and its tools for development.
Frequently Asked Questions About Opening UBA Bank Account Online
United Bank for Africa Plc is a Nigerian pan-African financial services group headquartered in Lagos. It has subsidiaries in 20 African countries and offices in London, Paris and New York. It is listed as commercial bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The UBA USSD code for all services is the *822#.
The UBA USSD can be used to buy airtime, or transfer money to another UBA account, to your UBA Prepaid Card and other banks.