One of the improved features of Kindle books is text-to-speech (TTS). By using this feature, your Kindle may read books to you. The first step in using this feature is to purchase a book that supports TTS. The next is to purchase a gadget that supports TTS.
Kindle novels do not always support TTS, although the majority of them do. You’ll notice “Text-to-Speech: Enabled” under “Product information” on the product description page if TTS is offered for your Kindle book.
In this article, we will walk you through how to use text-to-speech on the iPad Kindle app with a speaker screen, how to use text-to-speech on Kindle for a PC, and many more.
How to Use Text-to-Screen on the iPad Kindle app with Speak Screen
- On your iPad, open Settings and then tap ‘Accessibility”.
- Then tap “Spoken Content”.
- Tap “Speak Screen”, on the Spoken Content page.
- Start the Kindle app and open the desired page in a book after Speak Screen has been activated.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen using two fingers.
- The Kindle page should begin to be read aloud when the Speak Screen button appears.
The Speak Screen controls will dim after a short while, but you may hit the dimmed Speak Screen arrow at any time to modify the settings (you can also drag the arrow around the screen if you need to move it).
To go to the next page or go back to the previous page, utilize the Speak Screen controls. However, ou can adjust the Kindle’s reading pace from half-speed to double-speed if you don’t like how fast it’s reading. You never need to manually switch pages since the Kindle app will automatically progress to the following page once Speak Screen is finished on the current page.
How to Use Text-to-Speech on Kindle e-reader via VoiceView
Technically, Text-to-Speech is supported by the latest Kindles. VoiceView is accessible through Bluetooth or the Kindle Audio Adapter.
How to Use VoiceView over Bluetooth
- Your Bluetooth device should be turned on and in pairing mode.
- Go to “Settings,” “Accessibility,” and then “VoiceView Screen Reader” on your Kindle.
- Switch on “VoiceView Screen Reader.” Hold two fingers on the screen to use this audio device with a VoiceView screen reader for Kindle.
- Wait a few seconds to hear audio VoiceView instructions for this. A tutorial and several options are accessible once the feature is activated.
How to Use VoiceView through Kindle Audio Adapter
- Connect the adapter’s Micro-USB end to your Kindle.
- Attach the other end to your audio equipment, such as your headphones (which you should already have).
- Start the VoiceView tutorial now.
How to Use Text-to-Speech on Kindle for PC
The Kindle app for Windows and Mac also has text-to-speech functionality. This can read aloud text from books that support speech effortlessly.
- You have to click on the book you wish to read.
- Then go to “Tools” and choose “Start Text-to-Speech.” The voice then starts speaking.
How to Use Text-to-Speech on Kindle Android
You can utilize Google Text-to-Speech, which reads the content on the screen aloud, with the Kindle app for Android.
- Download and set up the application.
- Go to “Settings,” “Language & Input,” then “Text-to-Speech output” to use this feature.
- The default engine you should use is “Google Text-to-Speech Engine.”
- The e-book you want to be read to you should be opened.
- Click “Menu,” then choose “Start Text-to-Speech.” The material will begin to be read aloud by your device.
How to Read Kindle Books with Kindle Cloud Reader
You can read Kindle Books in any web browser that is compatible with the Amazon Kindle Cloud Reader, an online application. To use Kindle Cloud Reader to read Kindle Books from your library, follow the instructions listed below.
- Get a book from the library and upload it to Amazon.
- In order to launch Kindle Cloud Reader, go to read.amazon.com.
- You might be required to log in using your Amazon account.
- The home page has a showcase of your Kindle Library. Choose a book, to begin with.
How to Get Free Books on Your Kindle
Search the Kindle bookstore on your device or Amazon.com
You may find free books by visiting the Free Kindle eBooks area of the Amazon website. You can browse through the books that are arranged into categories at your convenience.
These books share similar cover art and many of them are public-domain classics. On each of their payment sites, a button that reads “Buy for Free” will be there.
Many of these same books are also available in the store’s Cheap Reads section. This area offers free books as well as novels from Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading, about which you may learn more in the sections that follow.
Also, you can just perform a search on Amazon’s website for “free kindle books.” A large selection of free books—many of which are now on sale—will be displayed to you.
Unlock your screen, press the shopping basket to open the store, and you can locate these books on a real Kindle reader there.
Also, the Deals category, Kindle Unlimited, and Prime Reading choices may all be found on the site. Books are arranged into daily, monthly, and special deals on the Deals tab, where you may frequently discover free or discounted books.
Additionally, you may manually enter “Free” in the search field at the top, which will bring up results like “Free Kindle Books for Kids.”
Free books as well as those covered by Prime and Unlimited memberships will also be included in this list. To get a free book, simply tap on any book to open it and follow the instructions.
What are the Benefits of Using Kindle Apps?
- Your whole library is synchronized. You will always start reading a book precisely where you left off, regardless of the device you use to access it.
- Every time you switch devices, there is no need to transfer files. Download the Kindle app and log in with your existing Amazon credentials.
- You can still read your Kindle books even if you don’t have access to your own device. Thanks to a web app, you may access your Kindle collection using the web browser. Check out read.amazon.com.
- You can easily access all of your bookmarks and notes. Visit read.amazon.com/notebook from any computer to complete the transaction.
One of the improved features of Kindle books is text-to-speech (TTS). By using this feature, your Kindle may read books to you. In this post, we have shown how to use Text-to-Speech on Kindle for Pc, how to Read Kindle Books with Kindle Cloud Reader, the benefits of using Kindle apps, and many more.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
You can also visit our friends, Marvydery.com Everything Ghana.