Word Search is a handy feature in text editors that is also accessible in the Google Docs cloud-based software. It allows you to search for words and phrases within a file and skip to each one. If you prefer to use a synonym instead, you may use the same tool to change or replace terms across the manuscript.
This article will take you through all the steps to follow on how to search for a word in Google Docs.
How To Search In Google Docs (PC and Mac)
Find in Document
- Launch any browser on your desktop and open the Google Docs document that has text in it.
- Then press Ctrl + F (Command + F on Mac) and the search box will appear in the top-right corner of the window.
- Type the word or phrase you want to search for in the Search box.
Note: Use the up and down arrow buttons adjacent to the type box if the word or words you’re looking for occur several times in the Google Doc. This will allow you to see when they occur at different times.
Find And Replace
With the help of the Find and Replace tool, you can search for words in Google Docs.
- Press Ctrl + H on your keyboard if you are a PC user, and Command + Shift + H if you are a Mac user.
- You can also open it manually by clicking “Edit” at the top of the screen, then Find and replace.
- In Find and replace, you search for any text within your document.
- You can replace the text in the “Find” field with anything you type into the “Replace with” field.
How To Search In The Google Docs App (Android and iOS)
- Open the document you wish to search through.
- Then press the three-dot button in the top right.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Find and replace button.
- Enter the text you wish to search for in the Find field at the top of the screen.
- Select the Enter or Search button on your virtual keyboard.
Press the three dots button in the upper right corner, then Replace or Replace all to replace discovered words. When you’re done, shut Find and Replace by clicking the checkmark button in the upper left corner.
Word Search is a handy feature in text editors that is also accessible in the Google Docs cloud-based software. It allows you to search for words and phrases within a file and skip to each one. We have shown the steps to follow on how to search for a word in google docs in this article.