How To Reset Firestick Remote
If the remote control for your Amazon Fire TV Stick (also referred as the Firestick) stops functioning and you are certain that it has new batteries, you can attempt to reset it. Resetting a Firestick remote can reestablish its communication with the streaming device, which can resolve a variety of issues.
A Firestick remote can’t simply be reset by pressing a switch unlike some other gadgets. And depending on the type of remote you have, you may need to push particular buttons.
Fortunately, it shouldn’t take long with any remote. All Amazon Fire TV remotes, including Firestick remotes, can be reset using the instructions provided here.
What type of Firestick remote do you have, and how to tell?
You must first determine the type of Firestick remote you possess. Carry out research online and find out the type of remote you have by looking at some sample photos of the remotes.
Resetting a Fire TV Smart TV Remote, Fire TV Soundbar Remote, Alexa Voice Remote, Alexa Voice Remote Lite, and Alexa Voice Remote
1. Disconnect the power cable from your Firestick to ensure a full shutdown, then wait at least 60 seconds.
2. On your remote control, firmly press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back buttons for at least 12 seconds.
3. After waiting at least five seconds, start releasing the buttons.
4. Remove the batteries from your remote, plug your Firestick again , and wait an additional 60 seconds.
5. Replace your remote’s batteries and select the Home button.
Once it properly reconnects, a blue light at the top of the remote will blink on the Fire TV Smart TV Remote, Fire TV Soundbar Remote, and Alexa Voice remote (with volume and power buttons).
Long press the Home button for at least another 10 seconds, and attempt using the remote again if you cannot see the light or it’s still not responding.
Resetting a remote control for Alexa (first generation)
The Left, Home, and Menu buttons are indicated on the earlier Amazon Fire TV Alexa remote control.
To reset this remote, you won’t have to click the Back button.
1. Remove the power cable from your Firestick, then wait for at least 60 seconds.
2. For at least 12 seconds, press and hold the Left and Menu buttons.
3. After at least five seconds have passed, disengage the buttons, and then take out the batteries.
4. Reconnect your Firestick and wait for at least another 60 seconds.
5. Reinstall the remote’s batteries and push the Home button.
Long press the Home button for a minimum ten seconds, then attempt utilizing your remote control again if it still won’t connect.
Basic Edition Remote Reset
The Home and Menu buttons on the standard Amazon Fire TV remote are labeled.
It is no longer included with any devices and is the earliest model of the Fire TV remote.
1. Keep holding down the Home button.
2. Press the Menu button three times even as you are holding down the Home button.
3. Release the Home button, then for nine times hit the Menu button.
4. Remove the batteries from your remote, remove your Firestick, and wait at least 60 seconds before plugging it back in.
5. Reconnect the Firestick and your remote with fresh batteries.
6. After the homepage of the Firestick loads, long press the Home button for a minimum of 40 seconds.
7. Hold off till the remote configuration is complete.