How To Renew A Ghanaian Passport Online 2022
Renewing your Passport is very important for every individual, be it a Ghanaian living in Ghana or individuals living abroad. Here is How To Renew A Ghanaian Passport Online 2022.
Ghanaian passports are issued exclusively by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration to Ghanaians granted citizenship in accordance with the Ghanaian nationality law. In Ghana, there are three types of passport booklets – contemporary (regular), service, and diplomatic passports that are used for travelling. Ghanaian passport booklets are valid for travel by Ghanaians anywhere in the world, although the holder may need to obtain a visa from the destination country when travelling for some purposes. More than one valid Ghanaian passport of the same type may not be held.
According to the laws, rules and regulations set by the government, only Ghanaian citizens that are legalized by birth, naturalization, adoption, registration, or any other formal enactment can apply to register or renew a passport online in Ghana.
During the process, an original document that proves your nationality is also needed along with your previous passport.
Renewing your Ghana Passport is very important and this article here is a complete guide on How To Renew your Ghanaian Passport Online for 2022.
Table of Contents
Why is Ghana passport renewal important?
- Renewing your passport is important, not only for Ghana but for citizens from all over the world, like the United States.
- Renewing your passport means you will have an updated travel document that will let you travel anywhere in the world. It’s an opportunity to explore countless destinations with a passport renewal service
Requirements To Renew Your Ghanaian Passport Online
These are the things you will need to provide if you are to renew your Passport online in Ghana. What you need to apply for the passport:
- First page and bio-data page with picture and information page of Previous Ghanaian passport.
- Valid Visa if applicant has any in Old Passport
- Last page
- Documents to support identity (originals only) such as Voter’s ID Card, Driver’s License, SSNIT Card, Ghana Card etc.
- Proof of Profession if changed
- Processing fee
You can check sample of documents you can carry along when going to the Passport office.
Ghana Passport Renewal Price
This is the costs of a passport in Ghana for anyone who is willing to renew his or her Ghanaian Passport online in 2022
|Application Type||Booklet Pages||Price (GHS)|
How To Renew Your Ghana Passport Online
- Create an account on the Application portal.
- Visit https://passport.mfa.gov.gh
- Click on sign up and create a new account.
- Confirm account by enter the SMS you received from MFA in the confirmation box
- Make Payment for the type
- Choose the type of Application Online
- Click on “Make Payment” button below and choose the amount of money to pay depending on the type of Passport booklet you want to apply for.
- Choose the type of Application
- Renewal (Black Book/Machine Readable Passports). This is for people who are having old passport type.
- Renewal (Biometric Passports). This is the option for any Ghanaian who is having the biometric passport.
- Fill and complete the application form
- After completing your application for the passport renewal in Ghana, you should confirm that all the information is accurate, sign the Declaration Form.
- Book an appointment date to visit the Ghana Passport Application Centre
- Most times, Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives you the nearest Passport Application Centre (PAC) to you.
- Check and book a date you would like to go for the verifications of your documents and take your biometric details( that is photograph and fingerprints).
- You will have to print your application form and take it to your witness to fill, stamp and sign before your appointment date.
- Visit the Passport Application Centre.
- Once you have signed forms, you should make yourself available on the appointment date date to the Passport Application Centre. After presenting yourself to the Passport Application Center and verifying your documents, the Passport Application Centre will indicate the date you should make yourself ready for the collection of your Biometric Ghana Passport.
All Questions Answered About Ghanaian Passport Renewal Online
If you’re renewing or replacing a passport
You must bring your old passport to the Post Office if you still have it. If you’ve changed your name, you’ll also need to bring proof of your new name (like a marriage certificate).
You will need to visit the passport application website and make payment to fill the forms for renewal.
Applicants can renew their passport from six months ahead of its expiry.
Answer: Your passport is valid until the date of expiration. The only problem may be the entry requirements of the country or countries you plan to visit. Many countries require your passport have 3 to 6 months validity remaining before they will allow you to enter or issue a travel visa.
You have to fill up the Passport Application Form and apply for “Re-issue of Passport”. Fresh police verification is initiated if the passport has expired more than three years ago. Hence, fresh police verification will be required in your case
Ghana – Renewal of a Biometric Passport
Select the Passport Application Centre (PAC) nearest to you or the one you most prefer and book an appointment date you prefer to visit the PAC office to fill the application.
Print out the final document and take it to your guarantor to fill.
Yes, you can make a rebook for your passport appointment in Ghana after you failed to attend to the selected date.
If you are yet to apply for the Ghanaian passport, we have the complete guide you should follow and learn more about how to apply for Passport online in Ghana.
In summary, a Ghanaian passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document for Ghanaians who travel abroad.