How To Remove Mention On Twitter From Others’ Tweets
Removing your name from mentions on Twitter from other people’s tweets is not something difficult to perform — and doing this helps sometimes for your online privacy and reputational sake.
Anytime someone mentions your name on Twitter by their tweets, your followers also get notified as well. And is not all tweets you would love your followers to see you have been tagged or mentioned in.
There can be inappropriate tweets or comments you have been mentioned under, and taking an action to remove yourself helps — since it can create a problem for you.
There was no mechanism to delete a mention on Twitter at the time, but that will change soon.
In today’s article, I shall show you the best and possible way on How To Remove Mention On Twitter From Others’ Tweets.
You may quickly remove a mention on Twitter from a tweet when someone mentions you on Twitter. Both the web and mobile apps can be used to delete the Twitter mention. Let’s have a look at how.
- Using a web browser or the Twitter app on your iPhone or Android phone, open the tweet in which you are referenced.
- You may receive a notification that reads, “You’ve been referenced in this tweet.” To delete the Twitter mention from the tweet, tap the “Unmention Yourself” button below.
- If you don’t see a message or a button to remove the tweet’s mention, try this. In the top-right corner of the tweet card, tap the three-dots menu button.
- Tap the “Unmention oneself from this conversation” option from the menu.
- When you remove a Twitter mention from a tweet, you can quickly undo it by tapping “Undo” on the message that appears on your screen
This is all it takes to Remove Mention On Twitter From Others’ Tweets and you can also contribute your knowledge on what you know about this.