How to Make Live Wallpaper on iPhone
You may firmly establish the home screen of your smartphone as a part of your life by customizing the wallpaper on it. Your iPhone’s experience may be improved and made more entertaining by installing a beautiful static home screen wallpaper.
Some iPhones already have live wallpapers built in, but you can easily create your own from any video you already have in just a few minutes.
If you own an iPhone 6S or a later model, you may create a live wallpaper directly on your iPhone without downloading an app. This is due to the fact that the iPhone 6S and subsequent devices (apart from the original iPhone SE) let you shoot Live Photos and activate 3D or Haptic Touch.
In this article, we will teach you how to make live wallpaper on your iPhone without downloading any live wallpaper applications.
Table of Contents
How to Set Live Photo as Wallpaper on iPhone
On the iPhone, you can set any Live Photo as a live wallpaper using the Settings or Photos apps.
Using the Settings App
- Launch the Settings app.
- Then, select Wallpaper by scrolling down.
- Click Select a New Wallpaper.
- Choose the Live Photo category.
- Pick a Live Photo.
- At the screen’s bottom-left corner, tap the Share icon.
- Scroll down the Share Sheet and select Use as Wallpaper.
- To turn on Live Photo, tap the Live Photo icon at the bottom of the screen. Next, choose Set.
- Select either Set Both, Set Home Screen, or Set Lock Screen. Make sure to choose the Set Lock Screen option if you only want the Live Photo to show on the iPhone’s Lock Screen.
Using Photo App
- Launch the Photos application.
- Choose Live Photos under Media Types on the Albums tab.
- Pick the desired Live Photo.
- Then tap the Share icon.
- Select Use as Wallpaper.
- Change the Live Photo status to On.
- Then tap Set.
- Tap Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both.
How to Use GIPHY to Convert GIFs and Videos to the Live Photo Format
You may download any animated picture as a Live Photo using the free iPhone app provided by GIPHY, a sizable online GIF collection, and search engine. You can also edit, upload, and download your own GIFs and videos to use as unique live wallpapers.
GIPHY can be downloaded from the iPhone App Store. After completing that, launch the app and register for a GIPHY account.
Download GIPHY Library GIFs in Live Photo Format
- Choose a relevant GIF by browsing the numerous GIF categories on the Home tab (such as Trending, Artists, Clips, etc.). For optimum results, use a picture that has the same vertical aspect ratio as the iPhone.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the More symbol (three dots).
- Select Convert to Live Photo.
- Select between Save as Live Photo (Fit to Screen) or Save as Live Photo (Full Screen). In the first, the picture is cropped to cover the screen by adding bordering black bars, whereas, in the latter, the picture is downloaded exactly as it is.
- The image ought to be downloaded instantly to the camera roll on your iPhone.
Convert iPhone GIFs and Videos to Live Photo Format
- On the Home page, select Create in the top-right corner.
- To access your iPhone’s picture library, tap the Recents icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. Select the GIF or video clip you wish to convert next.
- To modify a GIF or video clip, use the Caption, Stickers, Trim, and Loops tools. To proceed, press the Go button.
- Select Upload to GIPHY. When ready, press Upload to GIPHY once more and change Visibility to Secret (if the GIF or video should remain private).
- Select Uploads under the Account menu, then choose the GIF or movie you just submitted.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, tap the More symbol (three dots).
- Select Convert to Live Photo.
- Choose Save as Live Photo or Save as Live Photo (Full Screen) (Fit to Screen). While the latter just gets the image ready for download, the former adds black border bars to it.
- Await the image to be downloaded to your iPhone’s camera roll via GIPHY.
How to Set a Video as Your Wallpaper on iPhone
Choose any video clip you took using the iPhone camera app’s Live Photo function to use as a video background.
- Go to Settings > Wallpaper.
- Then select Choose a New Wallpaper.
- To utilize one of the animated backgrounds that are already loaded, select Live.
- Alternately, utilize one of your own Live Photos by scrolling down and choosing that folder.
- Then choose the live wallpaper you want to use.
- Press the screen to preview the animated effect.
- When you’re ready to set the video as your iPhone wallpaper, select Set in the lower-right corner.
- Select Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both.
How do I put multiple pictures as my wallpaper on my iPhone?
You must add the photographs you wish to use as your wallpaper to a new album before you may set more than one image as your iPhone’s wallpaper. Select Wallpaper in the Settings app once the photographs have been added to the album. Select the newly created album from the list of wallpaper options, then pick a picture from it.
How do I make a live wallpaper slideshow on iPhone?
On the iPhone, you must first build a picture album before you can create a live wallpaper slideshow. After that, pick the pictures you wish to include in your slideshow and add them to the album. Then open the Settings application and choose Wallpapers & Brightness. Choose your album from the list of Live Wallpapers, then pick a slideshow option.
How do I put multiple pictures as my wallpaper on iOS 15?
On iOS 15, you’ll need to utilize an app that enables you to do so in order to set various images as your background. You can accomplish this with a few different applications, but Wallpapers by Google is my favorite. You may set numerous images as your background with the free Wallpapers by Google app, which also offers a huge selection of various wallpapers.
Your iPhone’s experience may be improved and made more entertaining by installing a beautiful static home screen wallpaper. We have shown all the necessary steps to follow on how to make live wallpaper on iPhone.