How To Insert, Crop Or Mask Images In Google Slides
Have you ever found yourself in the position where you are working on a Google slide document and you need to insert, crop or mask an image in the presentation to suit whatever you are working on.
High-quality photos are one of a presentation’s main building blocks. We’ll look at inserting, cropping, and masking photos in Google Slides in this article.
Table of Contents
How To Insert Images
Follow these instructions to insert a picture in Google Slides:
- Select the slide in your Google Slides presentation where you want to insert the image.
- In the top menu, tap on the Insert tab.
- Go to the dropdown menu and choose Image.
- An additional window will open. From this point, you can select to add an image by utilising a URL, Google Drive, or an image from your PC.
- To insert an image, choose it and then click Insert.
You can resize and position a picture on a slide after it has been added.
How To Resize Pictures
The instructions below can be used to resize an image in Google Slides.
- To resize an image, click on it.
- The image will be surrounded by a blue box with tiny blue squares on the corners and edges. These rectangles are referred to as Resize Handles.
- To enlarge or reduce the image, click and drag one of the resize handles.
- Hold down the Shift key as you resize the image to preserve the aspect ratio (i.e., stop it from becoming stretched or deformed).
- Once the size is what you want, let go of the mouse button.
How To Crop Pictures
By cropping an image, you can eliminate obtrusive elements or draw attention to a particular region. Observe these procedures to crop an image in Google Slides
- To crop an image, click on it.
- Go to the top menu and select Crop.
- There will be a drop-down menu with various cropping possibilities. You can pick Custom to crop the image to your preferred shape and size or you can choose to crop the image to a certain shape or size.
- After choosing the preferred cropping option, crop the image as required by clicking and dragging the cropping handles on the picture.
- When you’ve got the crop you want, click outside the picture to make the adjustments.
Placing a form over a picture to achieve a special effect is known as masking. Follow these methods to mask a picture in Google Slides:
- To mask an image, click on it.
- Toggle to Mask on the top menu.
- There will be a drop-down menu with various masking settings. You can pick Custom to mask the image to your chosen shape and size or you can choose to mask the image to a specific shape or size.
- After choosing the preferred masking option, the image will have a form over it.
- To place the shape over the area of the image you wish to display, click and drag it into place.
- Click and drag the blue squares on the corners and sides to change the shape’s size.
- When you have the desired mask in place, click outside the picture to make the modifications.
You may use Google Slides to add, trim, and mask photos to make presentations that are interesting to watch and visually appealing. You can improve your presentations and wow your audience by following these easy steps.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Google News, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.