How to Drop a Pin in Google Maps
You may bookmark a place using the useful Google Maps feature known as pins. If a place doesn’t have an address or if the address is wrong, you can drop a pin to indicate it.
Your saved pins will make it easier for you to find these places later on, and you can also share them with your friends to set up a meeting place.
If the location you’re looking for lacks an address or is off the beaten path, dropping a pin might be helpful. Additionally, it’s useful when Google occasionally gets a location inaccurate.
In this guide, we will show you how to drop a pin on Google Maps on Android, iOS, and desktop.
How to Drop a Pin on the Google Maps Android App
When utilizing an Android smartphone, the following steps must be followed:
- Open the Google Maps application.
- To find the desired location, either look up an address or navigate the map.
- To drop a pin, long-press the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, the address or location will appear.
- To share, save, label, or get directions for a location, tap on it.
How to Drop a Pin on the Google Maps IOS App
The technique for dropping a pin in Google Maps on iOS is similar to the process for Android.
- Launch the Google Maps application.
- Search for an address or move the map around until you locate the right pin position.
- Long-press the screen at the desired spot to drop the pin.
- At the bottom of the screen, the address or coordinates will appear.
- Tap on the place to view additional information, get directions, add labels, and so on.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Desktop
- Obtain the Google Maps website’s address.
- Use the search bar in the upper left corner of the screen to look up an address, or use the map’s zoom feature to move the cursor to the desired area. A pin is automatically dropped by the search bar where you last searched. Nothing further needs to be done.
- To drop the pin, left-click the desired location. If there is already a marker there, you might need to zoom in or click a little to either side of the desired spot. At the bottom right of the screen, a little gray pin and an information box will display.
- If you want instructions for the dropped pin, click the navigation symbol in the info box. If you want additional details about the area you’ve chosen, click anywhere else in the box.
- You may click Save on the further details screen to add the pin to Your Favorites, Want to Go, Starred Places, or a New List. In the top menu, under Your Places, you may view stored pins.
Dropping Multiple Pins by Creating a Map on Desktop
- Go to the Google Maps webpage.
- To save the pins, you must be logged in. When you wish to build a Google map, you must also sign in to your profile.
- At the upper left of your screen, tap the menu symbol.
- After that, select Map, Your Places, and Create Map.
- To give your map an appropriate name and include a brief description, click Untitled Map. When completed, be sure you click Save before leaving.
- By touching the marker symbol, a specific position may be recorded (this is located right beneath the search bar). You may easily use the search box and put in your desired location to find it, or you can press a specific region to add a marker for this precise site.
- In the icon bar below the description of your first destination, select the Add Directions symbol. It can appear at the screen’s top next to the first marker.
- When you have finished, two fields A and B will be visible in the bottom left corner of the page. From this point, you can rapidly do a location search and keep adding new locations using the side menu. Your map will instantly link to the sites, as you can see.
How to Use a Drop Pin for Direction
Depending on your preference, you can utilize the dropped pin as a beginning or finishing point. Finding the distance between two fallen pins is impossible. Instead, you must insert one pin, record the location or coordinates, and then lower a second pin to serve as you’re starting and ending points. There will be routes shown on the map for travel by bicycle, air, and even by land.
How to Save a Pin Location
The position of a pin can be added to a list linked to your Google account. Then, all of your devices will be able to access it.
By default, there are three pre-made lists available: Favorites, Want to go and Starred locations. By selecting Your Places from the app’s main menu, you can add more lists and remove the default ones. Each list has the option to be shared with certain people, be public, or be private. For vacations and day trips, you may also create group lists that anybody can add pins to.
How to Share a Dropped Pin Location
There are four ways to share a dropped pin with other users in the Google Maps desktop application.
On a desktop, there are two possibilities:
- To distribute the automatically produced short link, simply copy and paste it.
- To instantly share a place with the network, click the Facebook symbol.
- By using the Twitter symbol, share your link on Twitter.
- To add the map to a website, copy the HTML code.
Note: When sharing a dropped pin location from an Android or iOS smartphone, you must utilize the Share option built into your operating system. The embed choice won’t be offered.
How to Remove Dropped Pin
On Android and iOS, hit the X symbol in the text box at the top of the page to delete a pin location. Click anywhere else on the map or click the X symbol in the information box at the bottom of the screen to remove a dropped pin from your desktop.
Given how simple it is to use, Google Maps has established itself as a necessary resource for navigating around town. Almost every address may be found by just putting it into the search box, but occasionally it won’t exactly work. However, we have stated the various ways you can use to drop a pin in Google Maps.