How to Download WhatsApp App on Your Phone
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world. Almost every smartphone user has this app on their phone. This article will look at how to download the WhatsApp app on your phone either iPhone or an Android phone.
Why do you need to Download WhatsApp?
- It is the most popular messaging app in the world, with over two billion users worldwide.
- It has very cheap compared to SMS. Unlike SMS, WhatsApp uses internet data to transfer messages, making it more affordable than our old days SMS.
- It allows you to send files to others easily. With WhatsApp, you can send pictures, videos, documents, and other kinds of files through the app, which can be received instantly.
- You can call friends abroad at the cheapest rate. Since WhatsApp uses a data bundle, calling friends from different countries has become more affordable and convenient.
- Amazing feature. WhatsApp has a lot of features like sending stickers and emoticons or emojis to express your feelings.
How to Download WhatsApp App on Android
Downloading WhatsApp on your android is very easy. You can download it through Playstore or using other external sources. We will look at the two ways you can download and install WhatsApp on your android device.
Method 1: How to Download WhatsApp from PlayStore
- Open the Play Store app on your phone.
- Tap on the search box and search for WhatsApp.
- You will see a lot of results. Tap on WhatsApp Messenger from WhatsApp LLC.
- Tap on the Install button and wait till your WhatsApp App is fully downloaded and Installed.
- Tap on Open to register your WhatsApp App.
Method 2: How to Install WhatsApp using APK file
Using this method, make sure you have enabled the install apps from unknown sources in your phone settings.
- Go to https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
- Click on the Download button to download the official APK file from WhatsApp LLC.
- Wait for some time for your file to be downloaded. The time depends on your internet speed.
- After the APK file has been downloaded successfully, locate and open the downloaded file.
- A message will appear on your screen saying you are installing an App from an unknown source, tap on OK or accept.
- Wait for some time for WhatsApp to install on your system completely.
How to Download WhatsApp on an iPhone
- Open your App Store.
- Search for WhatsApp.
- From the search result, look through and tap on WhatsApp Messenger from WhatsApp LLC.
- Tap on the GET button and wait for some time for WhatsApp to be completely installed on your phone.
- Now that you have successfully installed WhatsApp on your iPhone. Open the app and agree to their terms and conditions.
- Please enter your phone number and verify it.
Now that you have your WhatsApp installed on your phone, you can also read how you can update WhatsApp when there is the latest version or update of the app.