Being added to random WhatsApp groups can be very annoying. Do you want to know how to control who can add you to groups on WhatsApp? In this article, I will help you with the easiest procedure possible to do that.
WhatsApp is a very interesting and perfect platform for both individuals and businesses. Even though the platform is fun to use, there are certain actions that can make it irritating. Knowing how to stop all these harassments is very essential to your peace of mind.
There are so many reasons why you must control who adds you to WhatsApp groups. In this article, I will help you to control who can add you to groups on WhatsApp.
How To Control Who Can Add You To Groups On Whatsapp
To be able to go through these settings, you should have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your phone and activated. If you have, follow the procedure below to start the process.
- Open your WhatsApp and tap on the three dots at the top right corner of your WhatsApp.
- Tap on “Settings” to open the “Settings” dashboard. Refer to the screenshot below.
- From the “Settings” dashboard, tap on “Privacy”.
- From the “Privacy” dashboard, scroll down and tap on “Groups”.
- The Groups settings show you who you can allow to add you to WhatsApp groups. You have the option to choose, Everyone, My Contacts, or My Contacts Except.
-“Everyone” means literally, everyone using the WhatsApp platform can add you to a WhatsApp group.
-“My Contacts” mean only those whose numbers are in your contact list can add you to WhatsApp groups.
-“My Contacts Except” means all your contacts can add you to WhatsApp groups except the person or persons you selected.
- If for some reason you would like to bring the settings back to default, just got through the same procedure but this time around, choose “Everyone”. That is the default value.
The feature is very easy to activate so use this setting to help stop people from adding you to random WhatsApp groups.
Here, I will answer some of the questions people frequently ask about this topic. If you have any other question that has not been answered here, kindly leave it in the comment box and I will reply as early as possible.
Actually, activating this setting on your WhatsApp means people who are not on your contact list can not add you to groups.
What happens when they add you to a group is that a permission request will be sent to your inbox and you will have to approve it to join the group. You can also ignore the link and you won’t be added to the group.
Yes, you can still see and participate in groups that you have been added to, even if you didn’t give permission to join. However, if you choose to leave the group, you won’t be added back in without your permission.
Yes, Of course. You can change as many times as you want. However, you must know that the settings become active as soon as you change them.