How To Connect Xbox One Controller To Pc
When it comes to providing players with several methods to enjoy their gaming experience, PC gaming is one of the most multifaceted consoles. PC gaming is incredibly diversified because of the wide selection of digital games offered by the digital distribution service Steam.
Xbox controllers are fantastic since it’s so simple to connect them. Either Bluetooth or the official Xbox Wireless Adapter or USB can be used to connect wirelessly. Remember that all contemporary Xbox One controllers enable Bluetooth, although the original model did not.
This guide covers how to connect Xbox one controller to a PC via USB, via Xbox wireless adapter, or via Bluetooth.
How to Connect Xbox One to a PC via a Cable
- Connect a cord between your PC and Xbox controller. Plug one end of your USB-C or Micro-USB cable into your controller and the other end into your computer.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn on the pad now that your controller and computer are connected.
- You should be able to use the controller right away when Windows 10 and Windows 11 automatically recognize it.
How to Connect Xbox One to a PC via Bluetooth
It’s crucial to verify that your Xbox wireless controller genuinely supports Bluetooth before attempting to connect it. You’re set to go if you’re using an Xbox Series X controller. The situation is a little more difficult if you’re using an older Xbox One controller.
While the original Xbox One controller did not support Bluetooth, the updated controller introduced with the Xbox Series S does. The top plastic molding or the fact that the later controllers include a 3.5mm headphone connection on the bottom will help you identify which one you have if you’re not sure.
- Turn on your wireless Xbox One controller.
- When the controller’s backlight or Xbox button starts to quickly flicker, press and hold the Bind and Xbox buttons on your controller for three seconds.
- Turn on your computer, then select “Settings,” “Devices,” and “Bluetooth & other devices.”
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Choose either “Bluetooth” or “Everything Else” after selecting “Add Bluetooth or other devices.” Your computer will start looking for nearby Bluetooth devices that are turned on once you click that.
- If you’re using an Elite controller, choose “Xbox Wireless Controller” or “Xbox Elite Wireless Controller.” Your controller will be set up by Windows so that you may use it.
How to Connect Xbox One to a PC via Wireless Adapter
A little gadget called the Xbox Wireless Adapter can assist in connecting your Xbox controller to a PC. Although you’ll need to buy an Xbox Wireless adapter separately, using this device to connect your Xbox wireless controller to your PC is rather straightforward. It’s the simplest method for wirelessly connecting your pad to a PC.
- Start your Windows 10 computer and connect the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
- Look for the Adapter to show under “Other devices” in the same “Bluetooth & other devices” option that we used in a prior way. When it does, it has completed the installation process.
- Hold down the Xbox button to turn on your Xbox controller when the adapter is ready. When it’s switched on, tilt it toward the adapter while holding down the Bind button.
- On the Xbox Wireless Adapter, press and hold the Bind button. For many seconds, a little light will flash.
- Your adapter should flash quickly, as well as your controller. They’ve discovered each other and are bonded when they stop.
How To Fix Xbox Controller Not Recognizing Windows 11 Error?
You can attempt the following solutions to fix the issue if your Xbox controller cannot identify Windows 11 or if Windows 11 is unable to detect your Xbox controller.
- Connect the Xbox controller again.
- Reopen the computer or Xbox controller.
- Put the USB cord back in.
- Change your USB cord.
- Update the USB or Xbox controller drivers.
- Install the USB driver or Xbox controller driver again.
- Disable your firewall and antivirus software temporarily.
- Update Windows 11.
General Xbox One Controller Connection Tips
If your Xbox controller is not working, try the solutions below.
Update the Xbox Controller Firmware
In reality, the software on your Xbox One controller is separate and occasionally updated. Even though it doesn’t receive these upgrades frequently, outdated or damaged firmware may result in disconnection problems.
By pressing the Xbox button to access the Guide when your system is on and your controller is in working order, you may update it. Head over to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories. To check for updates, choose the controller you want to use, then click the three dots button and select the Firmware version.
Remove Connected Xbox Accessories?
Accessories for the Xbox One that are either attached to the controller or the console might occasionally cause connectivity problems.
If your Xbox is attached to an external hard drive, keyboard, or other similar devices, consider unplugging it before trying to reconnect your controller. Apply the same procedure to your controller’s stereo headset adapter, if you have one.
Make sure you’re using a high-quality USB cable if you’re trying to sync your Xbox controller with one. Cables of poor quality or with damage might not function properly.
Try Connecting Another Controller to Your Xbox
By trying several devices, you may help narrow down the source of the issue, as with most troubleshooting. Try attaching an alternative controller to your Xbox system that you are sure works. Verify the batteries in it are charged as well.
The original controller is the problem if that one functions well. But if both have issues, your console is more likely to be at fault. You might need to contact Xbox Support in this situation.
Reboot Your Xbox One
When resolving controller problems, be careful to restart your console. Make sure you hold down the power button on the system’s front for at least 10 seconds in order to completely shut it down because by default, hitting it merely enters sleep mode.
If your controller is functional, you may also select Full shutdown under Settings > General > Power mode & startup. Sometimes all it takes to fix an Xbox One controller is a fast reset.
Xbox controllers are fantastic since it’s so simple to connect them. Either Bluetooth or the official Xbox Wireless Adapter or USB can be used to connect wirelessly. This article contains all the steps to follow on how to connect Xbox one to a PC. Also, we have shown the various solutions to Xbox controller one not working.