How to Apply to University of South Africa 2020.
Unisa application and courses.
UNISA was established in 1873 as the University of the Cape of Good Hope. The University grew to become the first public institution in the world to provide distance learning in 1946. Since then it has been the only university in South African that provides people with access to learning irrespective of color, race or creed.
Through its rootedness in the African continent, we can genuinely claim that UNISA is the best university in Africa in the service of humanity. We believe that we need to adapt quickly to the changing education environment which is reflected in the leadership practice, and management style.
The primary aim of UNISA is to harness the emerging potential communication and information technology to catapult the institution into a truly digital future.
Who must apply?
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission.
When may I apply?
UNISA will accept applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the 2020 academic year from 20 August – 27 September 2019.
What do I need to apply?
You need to check that you qualify for admission and that you have the necessary documents ready to upload during the application process.
I am sure…
• that I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice
• that I meet the minimum academic points score (APS) for my qualification(s) of choice – a higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply)
• that I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
How to Apply to University of South Africa.
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
• Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
• Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
• Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
• Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
• Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
1. We urge all UNISA students who previously applied prior to 2016 to upload all the required documents. Failure to do so may result in a delay in processing your application.
2. Some qualifications may require additional documents. UNISA reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
• Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
• Only black and white documents may be submitted.
• Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file).
Apply for admission
How to apply?
Applicants who plan to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement may apply via the relevant TVET college or at Unisa via the online or self-help options.
Upload supporting documents.
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification). The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from Unisa
• R110 for online applications
• R170 for hard copy applications (hard copy applications will only be considered in exceptional cases)
• Use the student number you receive from UNISA AND the application fee reference number (ie STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030)
• Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through UNISA, do not qualify for admission to UNISA or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. UNISA does not accept cash at any of its offices.
The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee paid on time will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment. How To Apply For University Of South Africa 2020.
Are you ready to apply for UNISA admission?
Make sure that your application is complete.
If your application for admission to study through UNISA is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
Thank you for reading and we hope you help share this post on social media sites and also drop your comment for us to discuss with our panel.