Facebook has unveiled a new feature that will let users add music to the customary profile image. It simply consists of a little animated film that portrays your personality, accentuates an exciting moment, or emphasizes a significant event in your life.
Although you may have selected your postings to be visible only to your friends, it is vital to keep in mind that any music you upload to your Facebook profile will have its visibility set to the public.
However, the music function is not available in earlier versions, so be sure you upgrade your Facebook mobile app before continuing.
In this post, I will walk you through all the necessary steps on how to add music to your Facebook profile with ease. Without wasting much time, let’s get started.
How to Add Music to a Facebook Profile
- On your device, open the Facebook app.
- Then go to your Facebook profile.
- At the top-right, tap the plus symbol.
- You’ll see a collection of music selected by users from Facebook partners.
- Tap the plus sign (+) in the top right corner.
- To add a song to your Facebook profile, choose the song (or do a search using the search box).
- At the top left corner, tap on the close icon to close the menu.
- The previously added music will be shown after you’re finished.
How to Play Songs You Have Added to Your Facebook Profile
- Log into your Facebook profile and select Music.
- You can play a song by tapping one of the ones you already uploaded.
The song you’ve chosen will only be played in a brief preview on Facebook’s built-in music player, but you can continue listening to it on a separate music streaming service like Spotify.
How to Add Music to Facebook Stories
- On your Facebook profile page, click the “Create story” card.
- Then tap on the Music card.
- Search for a song, then tap on it.
- Select a picture or backdrop from your Gallery that fits your musical narrative.
- Tap “Share to Story”
How to Pin Music to Your Facebook Profile
- From your Facebook profile, select Music.
- You’ll see a list of the music you previously added.
- Select Pin to profile by tapping the three dots next to a song.
- To return to your profile, click the back arrow in the top-left corner.
The pinned music will be visible just below your name. The music can be played on Facebook by anybody who views your Facebook profile.
How to Unpin a Song from Your Facebook Profile
- There is a three-dot icon next to a pinned song, tap on it.
- Then select Unpin from the profile.
How to Remove a Song from Your Facebook Profile
- From your profile, go to Music.
- Then tap the three-dot icon next to the song you want to remove.
- Lastly, select Delete song from your profile to remove it from your Facebook profile.
What to Do If I Can’t Add Music to My Facebook Profile
There are various things you may do to remedy the problem if you are unable to upload songs to your Facebook page. You should be able to resolve your problem if you simply follow the directions below.
Clear your cache on Facebook
Your Facebook cache is frequently at blame when your program behaves improperly. You just need to delete your cache if you want to be able to add music to your profile.
Update your Facebook app
The fact that you are using an outdated version of the program can also prevent you from selecting music to upload to your Facebook page. For a better experience, you must therefore upgrade your software through the Play Store or the Software Store.
Try logging in from another browser
Logging in with your PC or laptop’s browser is another way to add music to your profile. Check your profile page after logging into your account to see whether you can add any music there.
Uninstall and re-install
Another approach to resolving the music issue is uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook application. To see if the option to add music to your profile is available, visit the App Store or Play Store and try doing both of these activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you remove unwanted music from a Facebook profile?
Yes. Songs that you’ve uploaded to your profile can be deleted. All you have to do is pick a Delete song from your profile by tapping on the More option (…) next to the tracks you’ve added.
Where is the music sticker icon on Facebook?
When you visit your Facebook profile, you can find the music sticker there. Scroll down and the Music sticker is immediately below the Manage Posts button.
It is fairly simple to add music to your Facebook page. By following the straightforward instructions above, you can now use music to make your photos and movies come to life.