Many computer users out there would love to get a new RAM for their device — but are asking how much does RAN cost and where to possibly get some.
If you have had issues with your RAM before, then you should be on Google probably searching; “How much does RAM cost?” I have been there before and I know the daunting task of finding the cheapest RAM for your computer online.
The cost of a computer’s RAM completely depends on which type of computer we are talking about and the size of the RAM.
Earlier I wrote a simple article about How to replace a hard drive. Information from that particular article will be needed if you want to change your computer RAM by yourself — to avoid any damages to your computer.
Use the table of content below check the overview of the topic. You can also click on any of the titles to jump to that particular article.
The computer RAM
The Computer’s Random Access Memory (RAM) is a volatile memory that stores temporary data on the computer.
Computers are programmed to access files faster on this storage compared to other storage mediums. That is why temporary files that the computer needs to complete tasks are the only files saved on this memory.
The Random Access Memory gets wiped completely if the computer shuts down.
There is RAM in all types of computers. Desktops, Laptops, Work Station, Servers, and even mobile phones make use of RAM to boost performance.
How much does RAM cost?
RAM is priced based on the size and type of RAM. There are also price fluctuations depending on where you are buying it.
- 8GB DDR3 Laptop RAM is worth $19.99 on Bestbuy.com. The same capacity of RAM on AliExpress is $14 If you use this discount link, you will get it for as little as $7.49
- 8GB DDR3 Desktop RAM is approximately $23.99. On AliExpress, it is $20.88. Get it even cheaper if you use this discount link.
- 16GB DDR3 for laptops starts from $42.99. AliExpress has this for as little as $30
- 16GB desktop RAM is going for $37.42 being the lowest on Bestbuy. However, AliExpress has it for $39
- 32GB laptop RAM is approximately $69.99
- 32GB desktop RAM comes at $79.99 being the lowest price on bestbuy.com.
As you can see, the price of RAM depends completely on where you are buying it from and it also has a lot to do with the size.
How to buy RAM online
Buying RAM online is pretty easy. Most people are afraid to buy such items online since they will not be tested. But trust me, if you are buying a completely brand-new RAM online, you will be safe.
These days, you can even return goods purchased online if it doesn’t fit your requirements or they came faulty.
- Simply visit the online store. I usually recommend AliExpress because the products there are cheaper compared to other online stores.
- Check the type of RAM your computer uses whether it is DDR 2, 3, 4 or 5.
- Search the name of the RAM and model in the online store. I always make sure I add speed and the type of computer I will be using it for as well. For example, “3600MHz Desktop 32GB VENGEANCE DDR 4“. As you can see in the image below, my phrase search came with results on AliExpress.
Place your order and you can receive your RAM within a few days. Sometimes, it doesn’t even take a day for your items to arrive.
Whenever you are experiencing some challenge or difficulty in ordering for computer RAM from any online vendor or AliExpress, you may share your challenge with us with the comment box below.
We hope to make technology better and accessible everywhere, are reading alone cannot solve major issues than to share with friends and loved ones also.