Almost all messaging apps today allow you to block someone if you think they are disturbing your peace of mind on the app, and Telegram is no different.
Telegram also has a feature that allows you to block annoying people and scammers from your list. If you use Telegram a lot, you will know that some people usually try to sell their products to you on the app and many other things that go on there.
Because of this, you may want to block specific contacts on Telegram. Most at times, we can also check if someone has saved our number using Telegram.
In today’s article, I will show you how to block people on Telegram quite easily. All you have to do is follow the steps that will be shown here.
How To Block People On Telegram
When you block someone on Telegram, they will not be able to send you any messages again. When you think you are cool later on, you can then unblock them. Let us now look at how you can block someone on Telegram.
- Open the Telegram app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located on the left top corner of the screen
- Now, click on ‘contacts.’
- Please scroll down and select the contact you wish to block, and then tap on it.
- Tap on the name of the contact or his photo
- Now, click on the three-dotted menu located on the top left corner of the screen, and tap on ‘block user.’
- You will be asked if you want to block the person, and all you have to do is confirm your decision by clicking on ‘Block User.’
- You are now finished. The person who has been annoying you all this while has been blocked
Blocking Unknown Users
If the person you are looking to block is in your contact list, you can use Telegram’s privacy settings to block them. Just follow the steps below, please.
- Open Telegram and then go to ‘settings.’
- Scroll down and then choose ‘privacy and security
- Click on ‘blocked users.’ This can be found under the ‘privacy’ tab
- Now, tap on the ‘block user’ button
- Now, you can scroll through your chats and locate the number that you want to block.
- Tap on that chat name and then click on ‘Block User
The chat will then be blocked, and they will not be able to chat with you or view your profile photo again.
How To Unblock Someone On Telegram
If the person you blocked calls you to apologize and tells you they have repented and cannot chat without you on Telegram, you could decide to believe them and unblock them.
To unblock someone on Telegram, follow the steps shown above, and then this time, you will be clicking on ‘Unblock’ instead of ‘Block,’ and you are done. As you can see, it is pretty straightforward.
In summary, Here Is A Guide Taking You Through How To Block And Unblock Someone On Telegram. You have also seen how you can block someone who is not on your contact list as well. As you can see, it is quite an easy thing to do. So go ahead and block everybody on your contact list now and have some peace of mind.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News