Learning How to Backup Your WhatsApp Chats To Google Drive is very useful for each and every smartphone user in today’s evolving technological world we live. There should be reasons for you to pay attention to this article, since you will have the steps to follow with instructions to backup your WhatsApp chats Google Drive safely.
You can back up your chats and media to Google Drive, so if you switch Android phones or get a new smartphone, it will be easier for you to restore your chats and media files unto your new device. It is always recommend that you check and connect your Wi-Fi to backing up your chats via Google Drive, as backup files may vary in size and may consume mobile data, causing additional charges.
In today’s article, I would like to show you the possible ways to Backup Your WhatsApp Chats To Google Drive safely.
Minimum requirements In order to use Google Drive backup, you need to have:
- A Google account activated on your phone.
- Google Play services installed on your phone. Note: Google Play services is only available for Android 2.3.4 and higher.
- Enough free Google Drive space for your WhatsApp chats and media, including photos, videos, voice messages, and audio files.
- Enough free space on your phone to create the backup.
How to Create a Google Drive backup For WhatsApp: Making a Google Drive backup
- Open your WhatsApp
- Tap on “Menu Button” three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner
- Tap More options > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up to Google Drive.
- Tapping on “Back up to Google Drive” helps you to choose the frequency with which you would like to backup your chats to.
- Tap on “Account”. You will be prompted to select a Google account that you will back up your chat history to. If you do not have a Google account, tap Add account when prompted. Please remember the Google account you are using for the backup.
- Tap on “Allow”
- Tap on “Back up over” to choose the network you wish to use for backup. Please note that backing up over cellular may result in additional data charges.
- Tap the box next to “Include videos” to backup video messages.
- Tap Back Up to begin your Google Drive backup. This process may take a few minutes.
Sometimes, doing a backup for the first time times a while to complete — depending on the size of the backup files. Always make sure to get enough battery and good internet connectivity.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News