Applying for a Nigerian Passport online has become one of the simple and easiest method to apply for a passport and get it at the appropriate time if you live in Nigeria.
There has been numerous information published on the internet about how to apply for a Nigerian Passport Online and get it within a maximum of one (1) month.
Today, I decided to provide you with the latest information that is well prepared for you to be able to apply for a Passport online in Nigeria.
Today’s article is solely about how average Nigerians can apply for a Standard Passport online from the comfort of their room.
A Nigerian passport has numerous advantages in such that you can enjoy the visa free countries as a Nigerian passport holders. The best way to enjoy this offer as a citizen in Nigeria is to learn how to apply for your Passport in Nigeria — allowing you to travel to any of these visa free countries for Nigerian passport holders.
Before you can travel out of Nigeria, then you will have to apply for an international Nigerian passport yourself.
Nigerians outside the country can also apply for Nigerian passport online anytime they wish.
If you are living in Nigeria, kindly keep in mind that – Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) is responsible and in charge of issuing an electronic passport (e-passport) for all new applicants.
In this article, In this article, I will show you how to apply for a Passport online in Nigeria at ease — with the help of the Nigerian Immigration Service portal.
Requirements To Apply For Nigerian International Passport
These are the requirements for a Nigerian international passport for both adults and children, according to the Nigeria immigration office.
Citizenship by Birth
Requirements for Adults
- Must be 18 years and above
- An already filled Application for processing the passport
- 2 passport photo currently
- Payment documents
- Local government area identification Certificate
- A guarantor application for that is completed (with a copy of the data page of guarantor Nigerian e-passport and one passport-sized photo of guarantor)
- Marriage certificate
- Declaration of change of name (if applicable)
Requirements For Children
- A passport Application form that is fully completed
- One current passport size photo – that is well signed on the other side by the parents.
- A Valid Birth Certificate
- Proof of Parents being citizen of Nigeria
- A Letter of consent from parents
- Proof of payment made for the Nigerian passport
- You can submit a court order and Letter of Approval from the State Ministry of Women if the child is adopted
Citizenship by Naturalization
- Certificate of Naturalization duly issued by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Completed passport application form and 2 passport sized photographs (passport photographs endorsed at the back by the Guarantor)
- Completed Guarantors’ form duly signed by a Commissioner for Oaths attached with Photocopy of Data page of Guarantor’s Nigerian ePassport and one passport sized photograph of the Guarantor
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Birth Certificate or data page of previous passport as evidence of age
- Acknowledgement slip and evidence of payment
Citizenship by Registration
- Certificate of Registration duly issued by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- Completed passport application form and 2 passport sized photographs (passport photographs endorsed at the back by the Guarantor);
- Completed Guarantors’ form duly signed by a Commissioner for Oaths attached with Photocopy of Data page of Guarantor’s Nigerian ePassport; and one passport sized photograph of the Guarantor;
- Marriage certificate where applicable;
- Birth Certificate or data page of previous passport as evidence of age;
- Acknowledgement slip and evidence of payment.
Fresh Passport Application Form Fee in Nigeria
All passport fees are exclusive of bank charges, ₦2000 Address Verification fee. Administrative charges are non-refundable and payment of passport fees for such cases are subject to approval of application.
In terms of applying for a 64 page passport booklet, there is no age classification involved.
|Categories||32 Page Booklets||64 Page Booklets|
|Age (0 t0 17 years)||Age (18 to 59 years)||Age (60 years and above)|
|Passport Booklet Fee||₦8,750||₦15,000||₦8,750||₦20,000|
|Address Verification Fee||₦2,000||₦2,000||₦2,000||₦2,000|
Types Of Passports in Nigeria
There are type types of Nigerian passport that are issued by the Nigerian Immigration service. These passports are:
- Standard Passport (Green Cover)
- Diplomatic Passport (Red Cover)
- Official Passport (Blue Cover)
- Seaman’s Passport (Maroon Cover)
- Pilgrim Passport (color changes yearly)
How To Pay For A New Passport In Nigeria
If you are applying for a Nigerian international passport online, you as an applicant has to pay for a Nigerian passport fee before you can apply for fresh and any type of passport application online. Everything is found here about how to pay for a Passport online in Nigeria.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN PAY FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS USING ANY VISA/MASTER CARD.
- Log in through portal.immigration.gov.ng
- From the passport menu.
- Click on fresh/passport renewal tab.
- Choose “Standard e-passport” from the passport type drop down.
- Select “Country from processing country drop down e.g. Nigeria.
- Click “Start application.
- Fill the form and complete the fields provided with the correct details.
- Tick “I accept full responsibility for the information provided in this form.
- The portal generates an application ID and reference Number unique to your application.
- You are prompted to print the acknowledgment form and “Continue application”.
- Click continue.
- Click ”Proceed to online payments”.
- Please note these are the ONLY authorized payment platform.
- Select any of these : Innovate1pay, Net post pay, Pay Arena, Teasy, Saana pay.
- Click Continue.
- You have an option of card or bank payment.
- Select proceed to payment.
- If card option chosen, complete details.
- If bank; Print slip for further processing at bank where you pay at bank’s POS cash.
On the web portal, the approved payment gateway is as stated for you as an applicant.
How To Apply for A Nigerian Passport Online
Knowing all these requirements, now you are eligible for the Nigerian travelling passport, you can check below for how to apply for a passport online in Nigeria.
- Open the Nigerian Immigration Service portal: portal.immigration.gov.ng
- Select the type of passport you want
- Choose the country you are processing the passport from and click on “Start Application”
- Check the application form and fill all information required
- Upload copies of your scanned documents
- Choose your choice of payment method
- Select the “Submit” button after successful payment
- After payment, an applicant will be given an Application ID and a Ref number
- Print the Guarantor’s form and get it certified (Click here for guarantor’s requirement and download form)
- Submit the completed application form with additional required documents in person at the Passport office in Nigeria.
- There will be a date scheduled for an interview, photographs and taking of biometrics records.
Importance Notice: Nigerian passport applicants are required to appear at chosen Nigerian Immigration Office for photograph and biometric data capturing.
There should not be any reason to wait for anyone to scam you — with your hard earned money in the name of apply for a Nigerian passport for you. This is how to apply for a Nigerian Passport online — in a simple way I have provided for you here.
If you found it very useful, then kindly let friends also benefit from this. I am glad to provide you with How To Apply for Nigeria Passport online.
Thank you for reading from ICT Catalogue as a Tech blog in Ghana. You are free to share this post across the various social media platforms, and also follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest & YouTube.
For interesting ICT tips and tricks, you can always check ICT Catalogue for everyday ICT Diary, Learn ICT, ICT In Ghana, Tech Apps, Software, Hardware, Gadgets, Cloud Computing, IoT, Tech Reviews, Best ICT Hacks, How To’s, Latest ICT Career & Exams, Job Opportunities, IT Scholarships, IT Schools, Startups and ICT News