How To Apply For MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship Application 2021
The MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship has been a saviour in the education era, providing supports for Ghanaian youths to pursue their various courses at any tertiary education in Ghana via the Scholarship Scheme.
For the past two decades, MTN Ghana Foundation has been awarding scholarships to over 1000s Senior High School graduates across Africa.
MTN Ghana Foundation
The MTN Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) management structure for the MTN Group’s related initiatives across its 22 operations.
The MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarship Scheme, it provides scholarships to all year one undergraduate students and all continuing education students at any public tertiary institution in Ghana.
An applicant is not restricted to a course before qualifying for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship. You can pursue any choice course at the tertiaty.
To be qualified for the MTN Bright Scholarship, you must be a Ghanaian and coming from any of the 16 Regions of Ghana to be eligible for the Scholarship scheme in Ghana.
The 16 regions in Ghana an applicant can qualified for scholarship from are: Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Koforidua, Ho, Tamale, Wa, Techiman, Nalerigu, Dambai, Damango.
You are free to apply for the MTN Ghana Scholarship if you are from any of these locations.
MTN Bright Scholarship Benefits:
Students who are qualified to apply for the scholarship scheme are lucky. The MTN Scholarship in Ghana will cater for Tuition, Accommodation, Stipend for books and other important study materials.
MTN Bright Scholarship Application Requirements
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
- Must be proven to be;
- Be hard-working with excellent academic results
- Continuing students and first-year students in any accredit public tertiary institution in Ghana who meet all criteria may apply.
- Provide a one-page letter of motivation indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are.
- Attach your WASSCE results, admission letter and written Testimonials from your Senior High School.
- The application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address)
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel
- An applicant who enjoys any form of educational scholarship should not apply for the MTN Bright Scholarship
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. Women and Person with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply for the MTN Bright Scholarship.
First year students in any public tertiary institution in Ghana
Anyone who is applying for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship scheme in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should be having a pass credit in the six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE.
For the pass, there should be passing in the three core subjects that are: Mathematics, English Language, Integrated Science or Social Studies – and three must pass in elective subjects.
The MTN Bright Scholarship requires credit pass in your Second cycle exams in:
- WASSC (A1 – C6)
- SSSCE (A – D)
Continuing Student in Ghana
If you are a continuing education student in Ghana yet to apply for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship online, then you should meet the required below.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Involved in extra curricula activities
- Prove to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behaviour
In my today’s article, I will like to walk you through how to apply for MTN Bright Scholarship easily and get selected to study at any tertiary institution in Ghana.
How To Apply for MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship
Applying for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship has now become easier with the help of technology. You can follow the basic steps below to apply for the MTN Bright Scholarship scheme.
- Open https://scholarship.mtn.com.gh/ on your web browser
- Check and click on the option to start your application process
- Sign Up / register with the appropriate documents to make a request in order to gain access to the portal. (Note: An email confirmation would be sent to you after your account has been approved by the foundation.)
- Login to the portal using your email and password provided. Click payments on the menu bar and select request payments.
- Fill out the necessary details to request for a scholarship grant and Click Submit to send a request.
- The appropriate office would look at your scholarship request and make a decision whether grants would be offered or denied. An email or SMS would be sent to you to know the current status of your request.
This is how easier it is to apply for the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarship.